About the project
The regeneration projects within the Masterplan will help to ensure that locals and visitors are better able to access the river and surrounding environment and support sustainable economic growth and jobs. Examples of projects which the Trust is leading on or supporting include a Park and Ride, City Activity Centre, Tay Pontoons, Riverside Cafe, Tay Reed beds and Bio-fuels and the refurbishment of riverside bothies.
The core thread running through the Masterplan is about improving access and connections and looking outward by:
- re-connecting Perth residents and visitors to the river Tay
- re-connecting Perth to Dundee and Fife
- re-connecting locals and visitors with the natural, built and cultural heritage
- connecting with the core path network
- connecting with new opportunities such as the Victoria and Albert Museum in Dundee